Thursday, April 12, 2007

My Working Space

Here is a picture of the 'working part' of my studio. On the table is a painting of a pintail that is near completion and should be posted as tomorrow's blog entry (hopefully). Elsewhere, you can see the pintail mount that I am using as reference, my sketchbook with the above painting idea on it, and the various brushes I use. I normally start out with a large flat brush and increasingly get smaller as I get more detailed in my paintings. Right now, because the pintail is almost finished, all of the brushes are small. You can also see various yogurt cups around. Those are to hold large amounts of mixed paints. If I don't keep a color that I use frequently it is almost impossible to remix the exact color. Underneath there is storage for paints, reference, and other supplies.

No comments: