Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Birds in Art


Not only is April 15th tax day, it is always the deadline for submitting to Birds in Art - the most prestigious wildlife art show in the world. This show attracts artists from the far corners of the world to submit artwork for inlcusion in their annual exhibition at the Leigh Yawkee Woodson Art Museum in Wausau, Wisconsin. I have been fortunate enough to be included twice so far out of 5 submissions, and this year I am hoping for a third acceptance. Around the end of May artists can expect to get either "the large envelope"(you're in!) or the small envelope (the 'thank you for applying' letter). I'll let you know which letter I receive when I get it. The above painting is my submission this year and the one I feel has the best chance of being selected.
www.mathiosstudios.net

No comments: