Tuesday, October 23, 2007

OUCH!

The results of the Federal Duck Stamp Competition have been released. When I entered this year's contest I knew that I might either win it or receive no votes at all. It seemed to be an all or nothing type of entry because I took a risk and painted an image in sepia tones to create an old-fashioned look for the 75th anniversary stamp. The idea seemed like a good one, but unfortunately the judges didn't think so. With that said, not all news is good news - I received absolutely no votes (LOL) finishing dead last in the contest. Normally, I finish pretty high - receiving votes and then points - but not this year. Although I still like the painting and what it represents, I am already looking forward to next year's competition. A result like that is motivation!

No comments: