Thursday, August 2, 2007

New Web Page

A new page has been created on mathiosstudios.net that highlights my plein air paintings. I have completed many of these paintings over the years, but only had a few available to put up on the website. Because I create them somewhat frequently more will be added as they are produced. Basically, I paint 8"x10" studies in an impressionistic style to get a good feel of an area. The colors seems to be more accurate in one of these paintings than they are with my photography. They are also a good, fun exercise as they are usually completed within an hour or two. The detail of a studio painting is lacking but the character of a landscape is usually captured. To visit this webpage you can follow this link... http://www.mathiosstudios.net/originals.html

No comments: