Tuesday, November 3, 2009

7th Place - Federal Duck Stamp Contest

This wood duck is my entry into the recent 2009 Federal Duck Stamp Contest and it tied for 7th place. This is my highest finish ever and it was my highest point total ever. Winning the federal is one of the hardest things to do in the entire art world and, hopefully, I will get the chance to come out on top one day. Robert Bealle of Waldorf, MD won this year's competition with a beautiful painting of an American Wigeon. Fortunately, my painting placed high enough to travel with the top twenty on a national tour with the first stop being the Waterfowl Festival in Easton, MD.
My Website
My Daily Paintings

1 comment:

Nambroth said...

Hi Peter!
Your wood duck was actually my favorite to win. Congratulations on the high placement!