Thursday, August 7, 2008

Federal Duck Stamp Time

Every August, hundreds of artists from across the country create paintings for one of the most rigorous, yet rewarding, art competitions in the US - the Federal Duck Stamp Contest. I have been busy working on mine since July and it is getting closer to being to finished. Actually, the only thing left is the painstaking detail that is required to be competitive. Below are a few examples of my past entries. Some have done really well, and others have not. I should note that there are 5 species to choose from each year and each painting is 7"x10". Later this week I will post this year's entry.

Some Past Entries
this one didn't win the federal, but won another stamp competition later that year
1997 - one of my first entries
My Website

No comments: