Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Great Egret in Progress

I took a break from the elk (which should be finished soon) and started this egret painting. I always bounce around from painting to painting. That way, when I sit down to start working on an older painting, I see it with fresh eyes. Because there is so much detail in each piece I tend to get lost, so I have to set it aside for a while - sometimes a long while! In this painting so far, there has been a lot of time spent on the white feathers, which are hardly pure white, as there are shades of purple, blue, pink, orange, yellow and green subtly blended throughout. Also, there will be a few foreground reeds (hardstem bulrush) added to provide depth and to push the egret into the painting a bit. As always, the finished painting will be posted (soon... hopefully).
http://www.mathiosstudios.net/

No comments: